Life really kicked-off for me when I moved from Florida to San Francisco, CA for an unpaid internship. I join the music business and startup-land, which led to social media and community management. Except that I'm happiest making things.
During my time at the startup Foodspotting, I wrote, curated, and edited 75 dishes for The Foodspotting Field Guide (Chronicle Books, March 2014). I spent weeks eating, writing, and researching. It was lot of work but incredibly fun. So I made a a scary (but honest) decision: ok, no more desk jobs. I joined the Makeshift Society, took a watercolor class with Emily Proud and the rest is present day history.
- The New York Times, Cheese Curds, a Riff on Cronuts, a Paris Ham and More
- Fast Company Co.Create, A New Foodspotting Book Brings the World's Most Delicious Dishes, and an App, to the Printed Page
- Uppercase Magazine blog, Show and Tell: April V. Walters
- Eater SF, Bay Area Donut Calendar; Cochon 555 Names 2014 Date
- The Food Network's blog FN Dish, Dessert for Breakfast: Stationery for the Doughnut Lover in All of Us
- And a retweet by Jim Gaffigan, in response to his "Why donut art doesn't exist" bit on Obsessed, his new comedy album (THIS TOTALLY COUNTS)