I moved from Florida to San Francisco, CA straight out of college for an unpaid internship. I joined the music business and startup-land, which led to years doing social media and community management. Except that I learned I'm happiest making things.
During my time at the startup Foodspotting, I wrote, curated, and edited 75 dishes for The Foodspotting Field Guide (Chronicle Books, March 2014). I spent weeks eating, writing, and researching. It was lot of work but incredibly fun. So I made a a scary (but honest) decision: ok, no more desk jobs. I joined the Makeshift Society, took a watercolor class with Emily Proud and the rest is history.
I am now a practicing illustrator and artist. You'll find my work across the web, like in the Chefs+Tech Newsletter, and in print, on the pages of Edible San Francisco and Weekend Almanac. But really? I do donuts. A lot of them. (Some might call it an obsession.) My magnum opus is the Donuts of the Bay Area calendar, 2014 and 2015.
If you'd like to collaborate or hire me, please email me. I like watercolor, gouache, food, and puns.
- The Etsy Blog, 10 Years of Etsy Trends
- Wall Stree Journal, BITS & BITES: News You Can Eat, A Donut-of-the-Month Calendar, Berry Jams and a Teacup for Loose-Leaf Pours
- SF Chronicle, Sprinkles on your pinup? Calendar celebrates Bay Area doughnuts
- The Bold Italic, This One's for Bay Area Donuts Lovers (My first Q&A! Answers the FAQ "Why donuts?")
- Eater SF, Behold: The 2015 Donuts Of The Bay Area Calendar Has Arrived
- Blog calendar round-ups: Get Up to Date: 15 Calendars for 2015 on ApartmentTherapy.com, 15 Food-Filled Calendars for 2015 on TheKitchn.com, and 2015 CALENDARS: PART 5 on designcrushblog.com
- The New York Times, Cheese Curds, a Riff on Cronuts, a Paris Ham and More
- Fast Company Co.Create, A New Foodspotting Book Brings the World's Most Delicious Dishes, and an App, to the Printed Page
- Uppercase Magazine blog, Show and Tell: April V. Walters
- Eater SF, Bay Area Donut Calendar; Cochon 555 Names 2014 Date
- The Food Network's blog FN Dish, Dessert for Breakfast: Stationery for the Doughnut Lover in All of Us
- And a retweet by Jim Gaffigan, in response to his "Why donut art doesn't exist" bit on Obsessed, his new comedy album (THIS TOTALLY COUNTS)